Lauterbrunnen valley. Switzerland

  Having reached the settlement of Lauterbrunnen and walked along its main street, I continued my journey further to the farthest campsite in the area, which is 5 kilometers from the settlement... I wanted to be closer to the snow-capped mountains and farther from the crowds of tourists that filled Lauterbrunnen...
  Map of the route :
  Lauterbrunnen, a picturesque village in the Swiss Alps, is renowned for its stunning valley surrounded by towering cliffs and dotted with 72 waterfalls, the most famous being Staubbach Falls. This idyllic location inspired J.R.R. Tolkien's Rivendell in "The Lord of the Rings."




  Staubbach Falls...

  Soon, I reached the settlement of Stechelberg...
  And checked into the Rütti campsite for two nights...

  
  







  Alpine flowers...

  

 I planned to run around the gorge, and from this place, my further path was well visible... On the opposite side, there was already a lot of snow...

 Passing a mountain hut, I again encountered a small closed gate with the sign "path closed" but this did not stop me from continuing along the route...

  The trails were absolutely fantastic...

  Gradually, I reached the snowy paths...

 Oberhornsee, an alpine lake located in the Lauterbrunnen Valley, at an elevation of approximately 2,063 meters...

  

 
  The lake was fantastic, and I didn't miss the opportunity to "taste it" and take a dip...




  Further along the path, there was more and more snow, which is probably why the tourist route was still officially closed at this time... But the snow hardly hindered the passage and even added more beauty to the route...   



  Wooden bridges were laid across the gorges on the way...





  Descending in altitude, there was less snow on the paths, and it was nice to run down...






  Returning to the campsite, after running 22 kilometers with an elevation gain of 2200 meters, I spent the rest of the day resting in the mountain-surrounded place... Moreover, after lunch, it started to rain, and the sky alternated between clearing and clouding over. So, I returned to the campsite very timely that day...
  The next morning, I set off on a mountain route to the town of Interlaken... Packing up the tent and my belongings, I headed towards the settlement of Mürren, which is located on a mountain above the Lauterbrunnen Valley...
  The settlement is very picturesque, and here I stopped for breakfast with the porridge I had prepared at the campsite with Swiss cheese, and then continued my ascent...  


  The whole day was overcast, and it occasionally drizzled...



  Sulsseewli Lake. It lies at an elevation of approximately 1,928 meters (6,325 feet) above sea level...


 The weather did not improve, and at one section of the route, I even had to turn back to bypass the snowy paths that passed over the steep scree of the mountain... Which added an extra 3 kilometers to my total daily distance of 37 kilometers...
  Not without adventures, I reached the campsite... Planning to spend the night in the suburbs of the large Interlaken, I reached Wilderswil... At that campsite, payment could only be made in cash, which I didn't have, and in the nearby bars, no one wanted to exchange cash for a card payment through the terminal, as I had done before... The option with an ATM was also not suitable for me, as it was my penultimate day, and only large banknote could be withdrawn... So I decided to go to Interlaken, where I eventually spent the night in the very cozy JungfrauCamp...
 Thus ended my journey through the mountain trails of the Swiss Alps. The next day, I had to get to Zurich, from where I had a flight back to Kaunas in the evening... Over seven days of hiking, I walked and ran 200 kilometers with a total elevation gain of 13,141 meters. The challenges were added by crossings over snowy passes above 2200 meters, most of which were still closed in early June, as well as mountain trails, especially those traversing steep slopes...

Comments